Generosity is “being careful with what I have so that I can share.” Generosity does not only mean giving other people your money and things. It also means giving your time, attention, hard work, patience, kind words, and talents to help and encourage others. It is not always easy to treat other people kindly or respectfully; but a generous person does not let others’ actions define their own. They choose to be generous instead of stingy; and kind instead of hateful, no matter how the other person responds and acts.
- Share what I have with others.
- Save in order to be able to give.
- Not expect anything in return.
- Give of my time and talents.
- Be kind and encouraging.
- Why do you think generosity is important?
- How does a stingy person act?
- How does being generous help you be grateful for the things and people in your life?
- What are some wrong motives to give to people? What are some right motives?
(Permission granted to reproduce this lesson for educational use. Credit: CharacterFirstEd.com)